Electrical & Controls
Controls System Upgrade
Electrical & Controls
Our Fortune 100 client required additional production capacity and compliance with the latest Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and applicable industry regulations (i.e., 21CFR part 11). An overall control system modernization was also needed to allow for hardware longevity and system reliability improvements on an existing linked meat product production line.
We reviewed our client’s existing system and the latest corporate and industry requirements before designing and developing a new power and controls system based on the latest Allen Bradley Control Logix and Factory Talk View platforms. The upgrade included customized software that allowed compliance with GMP and regulatory requirements. An efficient interface was also provided to ease the implementation of batches, Clean in Place (CIP) technology and the tracking of production-based attributes and changes to comply with 21CFR part 11 requirements.
The upgrade and capacity increase allowed our client to take advantage of significantly increased automation, to reduce operating labor and decrease utility demand. The precisely controlled and timed sequencing of cooking, cleaning (CIP) and production batching/scheduling led to an increase in equipment scheduled availability. In addition, new electrical power and controls hardware improved systems maintenance, troubleshooting and enterprise data visibility. An overall reduction of capital installation costs was achieved by minimizing electrical wiring to I/O and VFD drives.
- Electrical & Controls
- Total systems integration
- Process & Utilities
- Structural engineering
- Custom Machine Development & Manufacturing
- Line simulation to maximize system efficiency
- Network database design
- Integration of ammonia product cooling, custom designed smokers and liquid smoke system, process stuffing and cooking with integrated rinsing and caustic Clean in Place (CIP) systems
- System design that included dozens of VFDs, analog process controlled steam, smoke, brine, water and ammonia control systems with a complete automatic CIP sequencing system