For all of us, the last few weeks have been unpredictable and unimaginable.
Since news of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) threat first broke, Foth’s focus has been on protecting the health and well-being of our members and their families, effective coordination with our suppliers, consideration of our communities, and continuing to serve our valued clients. Education, preparedness, and communication have been paramount.
While various states and communities have mandated shelter-in-place, lockdown, and similar orders, many of our clients’ operations are considered essential businesses. Our more than 600 employee members, based largely in 26 locations across the United States, remain fully operational to deliver technical excellence in all of our services and disciplines. Addressing the challenge and complexity of COVID-19 was not previously a mutual strategy. Now COVID-19 is everyone’s challenge.
- We’ve been actively monitoring guidance provided by the CDC, WHO, DHS, US State Department, OSHA, and other federal, state and local authorities
- We’ve activated response teams – one focused on clients/projects and another focused on our members and internal operations
- We’ve enacted health and safety procedures in the event a member has symptoms, has tested positive, or has been in close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19
- We’ve implemented social distancing practices, deferred group events, encouraged members to work from home, and dramatically increased our utilization of collaborative technology
- We’ve limited travel to that deemed essential to serving our clients; we’ve also implemented 14 day office/job site restrictions for business and personal travelers returning from specific locations
- We’ve restricted visitors, with business critical approved visitors required to respond to an exposure declaration
- We’ve amended our Foth medical plan to cover the COVID-19 test at 100%
- We’ve emphasized the importance of office and site cleanliness and hygiene, having educated our members on COVID-19 and prevention best practices
- We’ve instructed our members in the field to understand and adhere to our clients’ specific site practices
- We’ve stayed true to our culture and core values in the face of adversity, actively demonstrating our genuine care for our members, business partners, and our communities, as well as our client-centered focus.
In Foth, you have a partner who is always by your side. For 82 years, Foth has helped solve our clients’ toughest science and engineering challenges. Our dedicated members, equipped with technology, ingenuity, and passion, remain committed to serving you. Together we have, and will continue, to make great things possible.
Please reach out to your primary Foth contact or me and bring us your toughest challenges. We’ll take them on.
In the meantime, on behalf of our entire Foth Family, we wish you and those around you good health.